Breakfast for today is drop donuts! It is a piping hot snacks you can whip up in a jiffy! I know my drop donuts looks "bida" in the picture, but it is so berrylicious. My kids & hubby like it so berry much. I've got this recipe from Squarerooms magazine. U guys mesti try it out!
The ingredients: (makes 7-8 pieces)
Butter (2 tbsp)
Sugar (1 tbsp)
Salt (a pinch)
Water (1/4 cup)
Flour 1/4 cup)
Vanilla extract (1 tsp)
Oil for deep-frying & sugar, to dust
- In a small pot, combine butter, sugar, salt & water together, bring to a boil, slowly, over low-medium heat.
- Add flour & stir well until the mixture comes together. Continue stirring for a couple more minutes.
- Remove from heat & transfer the sticky dough to a mixing bowl.
- Beat eggs, one at a time, ensuring the first egg is fully incorporated before adding the next egg.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Heat the oil & drop a tablespoon of dough into the oil.
- Fry until the dough is puffed and golden.
- Drain on paper towels & dust with plenty of sugar.
Happy cooking u ol!